Updated May 2023.
SpokenWord is an open mic running every Monday except August. It’s mostly in English. It’s mostly poetry.
When? Monday 8.45pm till midnight (ish).
Where? At the Cave Café, 134 rue Marcadet, 75018 Paris. Métro Lamarck-Caulaincourt (line 12).
Au Chat Noir, 76 rue Jean Pierre Timbaud, 75011 Paris. Métro Parmentier (line 3) or Couronnes (line 2).
- Sign up on the night at 8pm.
- Spoken word (poetry, prose, stand up, anything) or acoustic song: you get 5 minutes.
- We do 3 rounds of five minute performance spots, starting 8.45pm. Six spots in the first and second rounds, more in the third.
- Cinderella rule: we finish at midnight.
Don’t be an arsehole. No bigotry. Otherwise anything goes.
The atmosphere is very supportive of anyone having a go.
You can do your own stuff or stuff by other people.
Every week there’s a theme. It’s a suggestion to inspire you. You don’t have to follow it.
Any and all languages welcome.
This was stunning — thank you!
I hope everyone is safe and well.
I have a couple questions regarding the monday nights:
– is there an entry fee?
– how early should we get there to ensure we get a place? Do they fill out quickly?
No entry fee.
Get there at 8pm to be sure of a place.