SpokenWord is an open mic running every Monday except Dec 23rd and 30th 2019 and August, when Covid allows. It’s mostly in English. It’s mostly poetry.
When? Monday 8.30pm till midnight.
Where? Au Chat Noir, 76 rue Jean Pierre Timbaud, 75011 Paris. Métro Parmentier (line 3) or Couronnes (line 2).
- Sign up on the night at 8pm.
- Spoken word (poetry, prose, stand up, anything) or song: you get 5 minutes, with a warning bell at 4.45 to let you know you have 15 seconds to finish.
- We do 2 or 3 rounds of 9 five minute slots, starting 8.30pm.
- Cinderella rule: we finish at midnight.
- Free entry. Exit one euro.
You can do your own stuff or stuff by other people.
Every week there’s a theme. It’s a suggestion to inspire you. You don’t have to follow it.
Any and all languages welcome.