We’re looking for submissions of poetry and prose for The Bastille – the Literary Magazine of SpokenWord Paris.
Deadline: March 7th 2013
The Bastille is an upstart literary magazine created from the anglo writing scene in Paris. It is a platform for poetry, satire, flash fiction, novel excerpts and short stories. Our editorial staff is eclectic, to say the least, so our tastes run wide and deep.
For your best chance at being pulled from the pile and printed on our pages, send us a single .doc (not .docx) or .rtf document and choose examples of your work that are sharp, tight, as strong as whisky, darkly visionary, caustically witty, perhaps even tormented to the point of being tormenting. Contributions from writers who have actively participated at SpokenWord Paris events will be favoured although we welcome submissions from far and wide.
- Submit up to three unpublished poems up to 40 lines each
- Flash fiction, short stories, novel excerpts, and serialized stories up to 3,000 words
- Please include a 50 word bio with all submissions
- Send all submissions in a SINGLE .DOC or .RTF document to themag.paris AT gmail DOT com Please – not .docx!!
- Simultaneous submissions fine, but we don’t publish stuff that has already been published so tell us a.s.a.p. if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- The Bastille is currently only available as a printed magazine, not online.